Sunday, February 19, 2006

A Complete Man, Sai... Since Feb 2006.

"What is Life without Internet?" - I am a hardcore surfer and I lived by this saying for so long that I never had a feeling that I am not 100% complete. I knew some of my fellow guys who are active participants in some forums and few others who told me that they participate in Communities. Those few people also told me that they don't use chat clients anymore but they communicate thru Orkut. I never had an interest in what is Orkut until one fine day when I saw my friend Orkutting. It was then I figured out that I am not a complete net-surfer until I made my appearance on Orkut in February. Yes "Orkuting", that's the Buzzword today.

Orkut, what's that anyway? Orkut is a Google service (like Friendster) which relates like-minded people to communicate thru communities. For instance, If you like Laloo, there is a comunity for you where you can discuss him. There are communities for Ramarajan, Rajini, Tom cruise, Thanjavur, Saravana Bhavan, Spencer Plaza, Thayir Satham, Satyam theatre and whoever, whatever you can think of.

Wonder what you can do on it? People say that it is rather used as a Dating site rather than as a communication forum. From my observation, it is true when I see the server often bombing out with "No donut for you". They say Brazilians occupy nearly 75% of Orkut and as much as 10% are Americans but I feel like Indians should be atleast 30% (That's right; Desi Desi everywhere). Like any typical Google product, Orkut is also in Beta phase (almost for the past 2 years) and registration only upon invitation from an existing Orkuteer (even though your gmail id can be your username). Now I have made it a practice to do some matured Orkutting regularly and today I'm like "What is Internet without orkut?". Now, I feel complete, again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home